Overview / Background
To support National Travel and Tourism Week, running May 2 – 9, the San Diego Tourism Authority will have a local advertising presence in the market throughout May (National Travel and Tourism Month), focused heavily around National Travel & Tourism Week dates.
The media presence aims to educate the local leadership and business community that the SDTA and the tourism industry as a whole are focused on playing a major role in restoring the local tourism economy.
Paid Media Partners & Tactics: SDUT, CBS 8 + VOSD
- A full-page print ad ran in the Sunday edition (5/2) of the San Diego Union-Tribune launching National Travel and Tourism Week.
- Digital partnerships with CBS 8 and Voice of San Diego will reach users through on-site content with premium homepage takeovers, digital display advertising and email sponsorship placements.
- More than 504,000 impressions will be delivered locally to promote National Travel and Tourism Week.
Earned Media Recognition:
- 10 News— Highlighting the research the SDTA released on Friday, April 30 that indicated the setback of the tourism industry due to the pandemic.
- KUSI News—San Diego Tourism Authority prepares for a busy summer. The SDTA president and CEO Julie Coker joins KUSI’s Lauren Phinney in a conversation on the plan to recovery in San Diego.
- CBS 8—Discussing what the road to recovery looks like for the tourism industry and economy as National Travel and Tourism Week goes underway.
- The San Diego Union Tribune— Talks about how tourists are slowly returning to San Diego, but recovery from the pandemic will require a few years of steady growth.