As everyone begins to anticipate the reopening of our economy, various companies and organizations are beginning to share how they plan to operate while following social distancing best practices. These plans provide a helpful resource on how to approach your reopening efforts.
State of California
County of San Diego
The County of San Diego has the following reopening checklists:
- Safe Reopening Plan This checklist plan currently does not need to be submitted but should be completed and displayed on the front door of the business. Continue to check back with the County for further instructions.
- Golf courses
- Parks and beaches
- County COVID-19 updates and resources
City of San Diego
- The City of San Diego in partnership with the County of San Diego has released the findings of the RECOVER Task Force, which outlines how businesses can reopen safely.
- The San Diego Convention Center detailed the steps and cleaning practices it has implemented.
- Farmers’ Market guidelines that provide a roadmap for outdoor events.
- The Downtown San Diego Partnership provided proposed guidelines for safely reopening businesses.
The hotel industry is working on operational and sanitation improvements that are designed to ensure guest and employee safety while providing peace of mind and a positive experience.
The California Department of Public Health created a document that provides insight for hotels on how to ensure workers and customers stay safe and healthy in Phase 2 opening: COVID-19 Industry Guidance: Hotels and Lodging
The American Hotel & Lodging Association is working on its “Safe Stay” initiative to develop enhanced hotel cleaning practices, social interactions and workplace guidelines for the industry at large.
A variety of hotel chains have released their reopening strategies, including:
- Wynn Hotels
- Hilton CleanStay
- Marriott Global Cleanliness Council
- Hyatt Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment
- Sycuan Casino Resort
- MGM Resorts International 7 Point Plan
- Airbnb Cleaning Protocol
San Diego’s attractions—including SeaWorld, Legoland, the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park and the USS Midway—have developed a reopening health and safety plan.
Six Flags introduced a new registration system to ensure proper social distancing.
The American Alliance of Museums has a reopening resource guide and list of sample reopening plans.
- Baxter Springs Heritage Center and Kansas Route 66 Visitors Center
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan
- Discovery Park of America
- Everhart Museum
- Japanese Friendship Garden Society of San Diego
- Patuxent River Naval Air Museum Covid-19 Virus Response Plan
- Texas Historical Commission
Restaurants, Breweries and Wineries
- National Restaurant Association
- California Restaurant Association
- Brewers’ Association Guidance for Reopening
- California Winery Tasting Rooms Re-Opening Guidance
- The National Retail Federation and the Retail Industry Leaders Association have also provided reopening recommendations.
U.S. Travel Guide
U.S. Travel put together industry guidelines to help ensure the health and safety of travelers.
Industry COVID-19 Toolkits