The ConVis Promotions Team recently organized a “San Diego is Calling” viral video contest, to encourage users of ConVis’ social media channels to submit original videos describing what about San Diego makes them happy.
The campaign objective was to collect user-generated video content, created and submitted by San Diego’s social media fans/followers to help broaden the context of the Happiness is Calling advertising campaign, and drive consideration and intent to visit the destination.
- The ConVis promotions team produced this video to put out a call for entrants to develop their own video about San Diego.
- Entrants were given a time frame of April 18 – May 18 upload entry forms and videos on the contest landing page on sandiego.org.
- We received 23 valid entries, which were judged by a panel of three ConVis staff judges who selected the final five (5) videos to be put out for public voting.
- The final five videos were posted to San Diego’s Official YouTube Channel, and posted to San Diego’s Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ pages.
- Fans vote by clicking “Like” for their favorite video on the San Diego’s Official YouTube page.
- The video with the most ‘likes’ wins the grand prize trip to San Diego. The video with the second most ‘likes’ wins the iPad 3.
- Public Voting closes on Wednesday, May 30 at 10:00 am PST.
Vote for your favorite Video Now!