Each week, the San Diego Tourism Authority gathers headlines that highlight the hospitality and tourism industries, as well as top news in the San Diego region.
- Mission Beach is getting a new front door: elegant, $150M replacement bridge nearly complete — San Diego Union-Tribune
- A critic’s guide to San Diego’s new architecture — with a tour of beloved classics — Los Angeles Times
- 24 hours, 5 restaurants: What I learned about San Diego’s food scene after a day in the city — USA Today
- San Diego’s economy is fine — but the financial problems in Washington, D.C. are serious, economist says — San Diego Union-Tribune
- MTS Ends Mask Requirements, But Still Urges Riders to Wear Them — Times of San Diego
- US Justice Department to Appeal Voided Federal Transportation Mask Mandate — TravelPulse
- For Airlines, the Mask Mandate Couldn’t End Soon Enough — New York Times
- U.S. Airfares Climb Above Pre-Pandemic Levels as Travel Demand Hits Record Levels — Airline Weekly
- Business travel’s recovery remains sluggish, hotel report says — Travel Weekly
- These U.S. Destinations Have the Best Deals for Last-minute May Travel, According to Expedia — Travel + Leisure
- Dear Travel Leaders, Sustainability Is Not a PR Exercise — Skift
- Event Industry Turns to Robots to Help Ease Staffing Shortage Pain — Event MB
To receive the weekly SDTA Executive Report, fill out this form.