Each week, the San Diego Tourism Authority gathers headlines that highlight the hospitality and tourism industries, as well as top news in the San Diego region.
- Judge Rules Against City on Measure C — Voice of San Diego
- Zoo’s new ‘Basecamp’ exhibit opens; officials hope it is launch pad for conservation — San Diego Union-Tribune
- TSA to extend mask mandate for planes, public transportation until April 18 — NBC News
- Coastal Commission OKs cap on short-term rentals in San Diego — with a key provision — San Diego Union-Tribune
- El Cortez sign is re-lit; Balboa Park wins acclaim — San Diego Union-Tribune
- MLB owners and players reach tentative labor deal, clearing the way for start to spring training — CNBC
- Yes, sanctions on Russian oil will impact California but not dramatically — San Diego Union-Tribune
- Changed Itineraries, Higher Fares: How the War in Ukraine Is Affecting Travel — New York Times
- San Diego’s Average Gas Price Now $5.60 — NBC 7/39 San Diego
- Rising gas prices not impacting San Diego’s tourism industry … yet — KPBS
- U.S. Road Trips Still a Go With Higher Gas Prices But Here’s What Changes — Skift
- Spring break travel restrictions: What to know about Hawaii, Mexico, California, Las Vegas — Arizona Republic
- Column: Good deed gets noticed by Garth Brooks — San Diego Union-Tribune
- Hey, bloomer: Carlsbad’s Instagram-ready flower fields are now open — Los Angeles Times
To receive the weekly SDTA Executive Report, fill out this form.