Each week, the San Diego Tourism Authority gathers headlines that highlight the hospitality and tourism industries, as well as top news in the San Diego region.
- Special Section: Top 50 San Diego Black Leaders of Influence 2022 Honorees — San Diego Business Journal
- San Diego resort awarded top spot in this year’s U.S. News luxury rankings — San Diego Union-Tribune
- The first Sesame Street theme park on America’s West Coast opens next month in San Diego — Daily Mail (U.K.)
- Mega project replacing Seaport Village, Central Embarcadero has swelled in size and cost — San Diego Union-Tribune
- Padres to refund fans as home games canceled due to MLB work stoppage — Fox 5 San Diego
- Mask mandates to end as local pandemic winds down — San Diego Union-Tribune
- CDC Declines to Lift Airplane Mask Mandate Despite Easing Covid Guidelines — Skift
- How the world of travel is responding to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine — CNN
- Ukraine Tourism Board to the Travel Industry: Scream You’re Against the War — Skift
- High Oil Prices Push Some Airline Ticket Prices Up 33%, But Travel Demand Remains — Forbes
- Hotel Executives Foresee Group Travel Boom in 2022 — Hotel News Now
- Spring break travel is back, and so are high prices: ‘Like bears coming out of hibernation’ — Los Angeles Times
- 6 ways technology is evolving travel in 2022 — Associated Press
- The Strangest Tourist Attraction in Every State — 24/7 Wall St.
To receive the weekly SDTA Executive Report, fill out this form.