Each week, the San Diego Tourism Authority gathers headlines that highlight the hospitality and tourism industries, as well as top news in the San Diego region.
- Winter is a wild time along the San Diego coast. How to spot whales, octopuses and more — Los Angeles Times
- Nonprofits say proposed fee spikes in San Diego threaten festivals, street fairs, special events — San Diego Union-Tribune
- San Diego cruise passengers share what it’s like to be on a ship with COVID cases — San Diego Union-Tribune
- The TSA’s Top 10 Confiscated Items for 2021 Included Bear Spray and a Meth Burrito — Travel + Leisure
- 2022 Travel Rebound Won’t Begin Until the Fall: New UN Tourism Data — Skift
- There Will Be Another Variant. Here’s What the World Can Do Now — New York Times
- Why Airlines Are Worried About 5G — New York Times
- Has the Pandemic Undermined Off-Season Deals? — New York Times
- A Guide to Safety and Liability for Virtual, Yes, Virtual Events — Event Manager Blog
- Tripadvisor’s most popular world destination for 2022 is … — CNN
- The hidden gift of a travel disaster — Washington Post
- Free COVID tests are on their way. Will they work for travel? — USA Today
To receive the weekly SDTA Executive Report, fill out this form.