Each week, the San Diego Tourism Authority gathers headlines that highlight the hospitality and tourism industries, as well as top news in the San Diego region.
- The Safest US Travel Destinations Right Now — Travel Pulse
- San Diego’s legal fight to enact hotel tax ballot measure just got a little easier — San Diego Union-Tribune
- With omicron driving COVID surge, California extends indoor mask mandate — KPBS
- Is it time for big in-person events again? Organizers are divided — New York Times
- Covid Will Become Endemic. The World Must Decide What That Means — Wired
- Being ‘Up to Date’ on Covid Vaccine Now Includes a Booster, C.D.C. Says — New York Times
- Housing market, vacation rentals, CCAs: San Diego business stories to watch in 2022 — San Diego Union-Tribune
- Here’s What Tourism Needs to Start Showing This Year — Skift
- Event Professionals Share New Year’s Resolutions — Event Manager Blog
- U.S. Hotels Show a Resilience to Omicron, Especially on Christmas Day — Skift
- Every U.S. cruise with passengers has coronavirus cases on board — Washington Post
- CDC Says Cruise Ship Conditional Sail Order Will Become Voluntary, Despite Omicron — Cruise Critic
To receive the weekly SDTA Executive Report, fill out this form.