Each week, the San Diego Tourism Authority will gather headlines that highlight coronavirus’ impact on the hospitality and tourism industries, as well as how the San Diego region is faring in these unprecedented times.
- Plans Advance for Oceanside’s First Single-Room Occupancy Hotel—The San Diego Union-Tribune
- What Travel CEOs Are Predicting About the Permanent Return of Business Travel—Skift
- Tracking Coronavirus Data in San Diego County—The San Diego Union-Tribune
- Industry Leaders See International Travel as the Key to Recovery—TravelPulse
- Bill Gates Bets on Travel Rebound, Buys Controlling Stake in Four Seasons Hotels—TravePulse
- What San Diego Leaders, Businesses Are Saying — And Not Saying — About Biden’s Vaccine Mandate—The San Diego Union-Tribune
- Too Big for Torrey Pines, San Diego’s Burgeoning Biotech Industry Could Be Moving East—The San Diego Union-Tribune
- COVID-19 Poll: Vaccination Remains a Divisive Issue in San Diego County—The San Diego Union-Tribune
- Marriott CEO Sees Hotels Bouncing Back Quickly After Delta Variant Slump—Skift
- First Glimpse of Latest Milestone in Hotel Del Coronado’s $400m Makeover—The San Diego Union-Tribune
- Will Business Travel Return to Pre-Pandemic Levels?—The San Diego Union-Tribune
- Wolfie’s Carousel Leads List of Five New Local Restaurant Openings—The San Diego Union-Tribune
- U.S. Doubles Fines for Maskless Travelers on Airplanes—Skift
- New Research Highlights How Vaccinated, Unvaccinated Americans Say They Will Travel Heading Into the Holiday Season—TravelPulse
To receive the weekly SDTA Executive Report, fill out this form to be added to the distribution list.