Each week, the San Diego Tourism Authority will gather headlines that highlight coronavirus’ impact on the hospitality and tourism industries, as well as how the San Diego region is faring in these unprecedented times.
- Airport Crowds, Airline Ticket Sales Show Travel Recovering—The San Diego Union Tribune
- Pilot Training Backlog Could Slow Anticipated Recovery at American Airlines—Airline Weekly
- Some Say, ‘The Pandemic Is Over’ in California as Crowds Return. Experts Are Worried—The San Diego Union Tribune
- Padres Opening Day Preview with Hospitality VP Josh Pell—KUSI News
- San Diego Restaurant Week Aims to Bring Business Back to a Struggling Industry—San Diego Entertainer Magazine
- New Global Survey Predicts Massive Summer Rebound for Travel—TravelPulse
- San Diego Businesses Sue to End California’s State Of Emergency, COVID-19 Restrictions—The San Diego Union Tribune
- City Seeks to Grab Victory From Jaws of Defeat For 2020 Hotel Tax Hike That Fell Short of Two-Thirds Approval—The San Diego Union Tribune
- Travel Rebound: United Plans to Hire About 300 New Pilots—The San Diego Union Tribune
- 3 Big Upsides for Travel from President Biden’s Infrastructure Plan—Skift
To receive the weekly SDTA Executive Report, fill out this form to be added to the distribution list.