Share these social media posts to promote Global Meetings Industry Day on April 8 and amplify why Meetings Mean Business and the significant impact it has on our industry, economy and community. When creating your own posts, be sure to use the hashtags.
When posting, consider sharing, retweeting, engaging with other posts and use the #SanDiegoTourism and #GMID21 hashtags across different channels to amplify the message. Downloadable graphics can be accessed here.
- Taxes generated by meetings and events support jobs and public services for residents of the greater San Diego region. Meeting and events make a real impact. #GMID21 #SanDiegoTourism
- Meetings and conventions are huge drivers of the local economy. Annual visitor spending related to meetings and events is approximately $3.9 billion. #SanDiegoTourism #GMID21
- This #GMID21 we continue to recognize that San Diego meetings and conventions play a crucial role in supporting our community, directly impacting lodging, tourism and hospitality businesses, and the transportation sector. #SanDiegoTourism
- Annual visitor spending related to meetings and conventions is nearly $3.9 billion. This past year, the hospitality and tourism industry took a huge hit, now we must come back stronger than ever. As new guidance emerges with a hopeful and bright light to guide the way, holding meetings and events with health and safety top-of-mind is essential to the industry’s recovery. With this mentality and proper protocols, we can take the initial steps to rebuild our industry. #GMID21 #SanDiegoTourism
- This year we recognize Global Meetings Industry Day while knowing what is at stake. Did you know, in California alone, $4.1 billion is lost in economic activity every month when we are not holding meetings or events? With new guidelines released and the state’s economy scheduled to reopen on June 15 if successful vaccination efforts continue, initial steps on the path to recovery have been made. Let’s continue shining a light on the importance of meetings and events in our economy and take the steps toward recovery together. #SanDiegoTourism #GMID21