Each week, the San Diego Tourism Authority will gather headlines that highlight coronavirus’ impact on the hospitality and tourism industries, as well as how the San Diego region is faring in these unprecedented times.
- Convention Center to Shelter Children Seeking Asylum—The San Diego Union Tribune
- US Travel Calls for Timeline to Reopen International Travel—TravelPulse
- Americans’ Travel Sentiment Reaches New Pandemic-Era Heights—TravelPulse
- Migrant Children Could Arrive at San Diego Convention Center by the Weekend—The San Diego Union Tribune
- Consumer Confidence in Travel Gets a Boost as Vaccines Roll Out—TravelPulse
- Brazilian Coronavirus Variant Detected in San Diego—The San Diego Union Tribune
- Seaworld Reopening: Indoor Animal Exhibits and Fireworks, But No Rides Yet—The San Diego Union Tribune
- U.S. Hotels Make Bold Ask for More Aid from D.C. Despite Ongoing Recovery—Skift
- What Role Will Event Tech Play in On-Site Covid Safety?—Event
- ASTA Expresses Support for New Bill That Would Help Travel Agencies—TravelPulse
- Travel and Tourism Sector Suffered Almost $4.5 Trillion Loss in 2020—TravelPulse
- San Diegans 50 and Up Eligible for Vaccine Starting April 1, and Those 16 and Up by April 15—The San Diego Union Tribune
- Tourists Return to San Diego—KPBS
- As Freeze in Air Travel begins to Thaw, United Adds Flights—The San Diego Union Tribune
To receive the weekly SDTA Executive Report, fill out this form to be added to the distribution list.