- Weekly demand inched up to 203,773 room nights sold throughout the county, roughly 2,700 more than last week.
- The tail end of Presidents’ Day weekend and Valentine’s Day (Sunday night) saw the highest demand throughout the county this week, selling just over 41,000 room nights.
- The following weekend also saw strong demand, with Friday and Saturday nights selling more than 30,000 and 34,000 room nights, respectively.
- County occupancy was 46.3% ranking San Diego 11th among top markets and 3rd in the western competitive set, behind Phoenix 63.3% and Los Angeles 52.9%.
- South/East County, Northeast/Escondido, and Mission Valley properties retain the highest occupancies, at 66.9%, 59.9%, and 48.0%, respectively – though the other regions are beginning to inch up as demand strengthens.
- County ADR was $112 ranking San Diego 8th among top markets and 4th in the western comp set, behind Phoenix $127, Los Angeles $122, and San Francisco $116.
- La Jolla Coastal had the highest weekly ADR of $200, followed by Mission Bay at $168, and Downtown at $128.
- County RevPAR was $52 ranking San Diego 7th among top markets and 3rd in the western comp set, behind Phoenix $80 and Los Angeles $65.
Leave a Reply