- Hotel room demand remained stable while still under stay at home orders. Last week was down about 2,000 room nights from week prior.
- Coastal areas saw highs on Sunday night with extended demand through the three-day MLK holiday weekend.
- La Jolla Coastal, Mission Bay and Downtown hotels saw an uptick in demand on Friday and Saturday nights, albeit from low weekday levels.
- San Diego County occupancy was 34.5%, ranking 15th among top markets and 4th in the western competitive set (behind Phoenix 49.0%, Los Angeles 43.0%, and Anaheim 34.9%).
- South/East County properties continue to have the highest occupancy at 61.7% this week, followed by Northeast/Escondido at 52.8%, and Mission Valley at 39.2%.
- County ADR was $97, ranking San Diego 10th among top markets and 5th in the western comp set (behind Los Angeles $111, San Francisco $105, Phoenix $100, and Anaheim $99).
- Top performing regions in ADR remain La Jolla Coastal properties achieving $165 this week, followed by Mission Bay at $122, and Downtown at $116.
- County RevPAR was $34, ranking San Diego 10th among top markets and 4th in the western comp set (behind Phoenix $49, Los Angeles $48, and Anaheim $35).
Leave a Reply