November 2020 Visitor Industry
- Total visitor volume for November was estimated at 1,159,000, a decline of 3.8% from October and 57.1% below last November.
- Overnight visitors to the region totaled an estimated 813,000, a 7% improvement over October, but a 48% decline compared to November last year. Hotel/motel visitors totaled 412,000, down 16% from October, while household guests totaled 335,000, increasing 59% from October, due to Thanksgiving.
- Day visitation totaled 346,000, with visitors from Southern California making up roughly two-thirds of the volume. Overall, day visitation fell 22% from October and was down 70% YOY.
- Visitor spending reached just $380 million with a regional impact of $627 million. This amount is 10% less than total spending in October, and a decline of 53% over last year.
- SAN experienced the first decline in arrivals since the recovery began, with 340,735 deplanements, a 3.1% reduction from October. Despite the contraction, November was still the second best month for the airport since March.
- San Diego attractions that were operating in November saw their attendance return to non-Kids Free-month levels, comprising of 370,831 guests spread across the various locations.