Weekly Hotel Performance – November 22-28, 2020
- During the week of Thanksgiving, room night demand remained flat over last week with 185,996 rooms sold. Properties in Mission Bay had a significant increase of rooms sold over last week, up 1,800, as did properties in Pt. Loma/Airport, up nearly 1,400 room nights.
- Thursday (Thanksgiving) and Friday nights were the best performing nights throughout the county, together selling over 3,500 more room nights than week prior. Friday night had the highest occupancy in every region this week.
- County occupancy dropped slightly to 41.9% but remains relatively high compared to other top markets. San Diego ranks 5th among top 25 markets and 2nd in the western competitive set (behind Phoenix 46.2%).
- South/East County properties had the highest occupancy at 59.5%, followed by Northeast/Escondido at 48.9%, and Pt. Loma/Airport properties with the third highest at 46.3%.
- County ADR rose with the holiday to $116, ranking San Diego 7th among top markets and 4th in the western comp set (behind Los Angeles at $119, Anaheim at $118 and San Francisco at $116).
- Coastal regions remain top performers in ADR with La Jolla at $251, Mission Bay at $169, and Del Mar/Oceanside at $133.
- RevPAR rose to $48 this week, ranking San Diego 3rd in the nation and 1st in the western comp set.