Weekly Hotel Performance – October 25-31, 2020
- Room night demand fell by 20,000 this last week to roughly 195,000—the lowest level in the last three months.
- The loss came from Thursday through Sunday nights, as Monday through Wednesday actually gained some demand over the previous week.
- County occupancy fell to 44.0%, which among top 25 markets was 10th in occupancy and 4th in the western competitive set (behind Phoenix 49.3%, Los Angeles 47.8%, and Anaheim 47.3%).
- Occupancy remains highest among South/East County properties at 67.6% this week, and Northeast/Escondido properties at 57.5%.
- The coastal areas of Del Mar / Oceanside, Mission Bay, and Point Loma all fell to percentages in the low 50s on Saturday night.
- County ADR was $117 this week, a $7 reduction from last week, and ranked 7th among top markets and 4th in the western comp set (behind Los Angeles $128, Anaheim $120, and San Francisco $118).
- ADR remains highest among La Jolla Coastal properties at $210 and Mission Bay properties at $167.
- RevPAR was $52, ranking 5th among top markets and 3rd in western comp set (behind Los Angeles $61 and Anaheim $57).
Leave a Reply