Hotel Performance – Week of October 11-17, 2020
- Room night demand remained steady at 237,363 nights sold, in line with the trend over the last few months.
- County occupancy was 53.5% ranking San Diego 2nd among top markets (behind Norfolk/Virginia Beach 53.7%) and 1st in western competitive set.
- County ADR was $132 ranking San Diego 3rd in top markets (behind Oahu Island $157 and New York $135) and 1st in western comp set.
- RevPAR was $70 for the week, keeping San Diego 1st in the nation.
- South/East County properties again have the highest occupancy at 74.7% this week, followed by Northeast/Escondido properties at 64.7%, and Del Mar/Oceanside at 57.1%.
- Two regions that saw an increase in occupancy this week were Downtown up 0.7% from last week to 37.7%, and the I-15 Corridor up 3.9% from last week, to 54.8%.
- ADR remains relatively unchanged from last week with coastal regions again achieving the highest rates. La Jolla properties lead with an average of $234, followed by Mission Bay at $194.
- The new pattern continued with weekends (notably Saturdays) delivering occupancy in the 70-80% range, while weekdays drop off considerably.
- Properties in South/East County were the only area to see a smoother trend line through the week, with occupancy ranging from 67.6% on Sunday to 84.0% the following Saturday.
Leave a Reply