Each week, the San Diego Tourism Authority will gather headlines that highlight coronavirus’ impact on the hospitality and tourism industries, as well as how the San Diego region is faring in these unprecedented times.
- STR: Q3 U.S. hotel occupancy lowest on record — Travel Weekly
- San Diego gives Convoy District special Pan-Asian designation. Will it be the next Little Italy? — San Diego Union-Tribune
- San Diego hotels are eager to resume hosting meetings and get staff back to work — KUSI
- High testing rates keep San Diego in red tier as COVID-19 cases continue to rise — KPBS
- Change for the better? How travel might look after the pandemic — MarketWatch
- California theme parks upset with new state COVID-19 rules and suggest legal action possible — San Diego Union-Tribune
- Will weekday hotel deals and discounted rates lure travelers to San Diego during pandemic? — San Diego Union-Tribune
- California theme park guidance looks grim for large parks — TravelPulse
- Airlines still don’t think new CDC mask guidelines go far enough — Skift
- U.S. leads the world in hotel construction during pandemic — Skift
- Three ways hotels can pivot to attract remote workers — Forbes
- SeaWorld, Legoland, Disneyland get new guidelines for reopening but it could be months away — San Diego Union-Tribune
- Americans can look forward to cheaper flights this holiday season — TravelPulse
- How hotels are reworking outdoor spaces to meet demand — Hotel News Now
To receive the weekly SDTA Executive Report, fill out this form to be added to the distribution list.