Hotel Performance – Week of September 27-October 3, 2020
- Room night demand was 231,419 for the week, in line with levels seen for the last eight weeks or so.
- County occupancy averaged 52.1% this week, keeping San Diego in 2nd place among top 25 markets (again behind Norfolk/Virginia Beach 52.5%) and 1st in the western competitive set.
- County ADR was $127 ranking San Diego 4th among top markets, behind Oahu Island ($153), New York ($135), and Los Angeles ($131), and 2nd in western comp set.
- RevPAR was $66, ranking 2nd in top markets behind Los Angeles ($68) and 2nd in western comp set.
- The regular patterns persist with South/East County properties having the highest occupancy at 72%, followed by properties in Northeast/Escondido at 63.4%. ADR was again highest in La Jolla at $241, followed by Mission Bay at $199 for the week.
- Among City of San Diego properties, the highest occupancies for Saturday night were in Mission Bay at 85.1%, followed by La Jolla Coastal at 79.4%, and UTC at 71.0%. Outside the city, Saturday highs were South/East County at 85.2%, Northeast/Escondido at 78.7% and Del Mar/Oceanside at 77.8%.