Each week, the San Diego Tourism Authority will gather headlines that highlight coronavirus’ impact on the hospitality and tourism industries, as well as how the San Diego region is faring in these unprecedented times.
- Travel advisors weigh in on the holiday travel season — TravelPulse
- The number of laid-off workers seeking U.S. unemployment benefits rose to 1.1 million last week after two weeks of declines — Associated Press
- SeaWorld San Diego hints at a limited reopening after a six-month shutdown — San Diego Union-Tribune
- US Travel urges Congress to act now on COVID-19 relief legislation — TravelPulse
- With SEC filing, Airbnb confirms plans to go public — Travel Weekly
- City eyes changes to popular December Nights holiday festival in wake of COVID-19 — San Diego Union-Tribune
- San Diego removed from state watch list; schools could open Sept. 1 — KPBS
- Maritime Museum of San Diego reopens Saturday with capacity limits — Times of San Diego
- San Diego city parks now available for gyms, churches, as Mayor Faulconer signs executive order — San Diego Union-Tribune
- Execs: Need for in-person connection will save hotels — Hotel News Now
- CDC doctor talks travel tips amid COVID-19 pandemic — TravelPulse
To receive the weekly SDTA Executive Report, fill out this form to be added to the distribution list.