Hotel Performance – July 19-25, 2020
- Last week, the County hotel room demand reached 196,495 room nights, which marks a high since the shutdown began in March.
- Room supply remained at 56,137, or 89% of the pre-COVID supply of almost 64,000.
- Occupancy throughout the county averaged 50.0%, ranking San Diego 5th among the top 25 markets and 1st in the western competitive set.
- Occupancy remains highest among properties in South/East County (65.7%), Northeast/Escondido (62.5%), and Del Mar/Oceanside (58.3%) areas.
- Coastal areas continue to see the strongest occupancies Thursday through Sundays.
- Average daily rates inched upward to $129, ranking San Diego 2nd among the top 25 markets and 1st in the western comp set.
- Properties in Mission Bay continue to see the highest ADR in the county at $231 this week, followed by La Jolla coastal properties at $183.
Leave a Reply