Hotel Performance – Week of July 12 – July 18, 2020
- Hotel room supply reached 56,137, an increase of approximately 920 rooms from last week. Current available rooms are about 89% of pre-COVID supply (63,896).
- Room night demand increased from the previous week as well, by more than 9,000, to a total of 191,786 rooms sold this week.
- San Diego County occupancy averaged 48.8%, ranking fourth highest among top 25 markets and highest among the western competitive set for the second week in a row.
- Average daily rates remained steady at $127, ranking third among the top 25 markets and second in the western comp set, behind Anaheim/Orange County.
- Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights continue to post the highest demand across the county solidifying the strength seen in the leisure market. Sunday through Wednesday night continue to struggle with demand as the group market has bottomed out.