Hotel Performance Week of June 7-13, 2020 – STR
- Hotel room demand rose by 13% over previous week to 155,500 room nights sold, as hotels were allowed to open for leisure travel again over the weekend. As a result, occupancy rose to 43% with a base supply of 51,816 rooms.
- Weekend nights again report peak demand and ADR; Saturday night saw highest demand (29,462) and highest ADR ($119.24) since beginning of shut down in Mid-March.
- ADR rose to $104 in the county and ranked 7th among top 25 markets.
- Occupancy was highest once again among properties in South/East County at 56.8%, followed by Northeast/Escondido at 52.8% and Mission Valley at 49.9%.
- ADR was highest at La Jolla Coastal properties at $164, followed by Mission Bay at $156 and Downtown at $124.
- In the City of San Diego, room demand grew 15% over the previous week to 89,648 rooms sold and an average rate of $108.
Leave a Reply