Each week, the San Diego Tourism Authority will gather headlines that highlight coronavirus’ impact on the hospitality and tourism industries, as well as how the San Diego region is faring in these unprecedented times.
- Live coronavirus updates in San Diego — San Diego Union-Tribune
- Virgin Atlantic resuming U.S. service next month — Travel Weekly
- Travel industry lauds passage of Paycheck Protection Program reform bill — TravelPulse
- Where are travel prices headed? Get ready for twists and turns — Skift
- US productivity falls at 0.9% rate in first quarter — San Diego Union-Tribune
- San Diego airport expects 21 percent drop in revenue as far fewer people fly in coming year — San Diego Union-Tribune
- 5 things hotel CEOs told us about the future of travel — The Points Guy
- Big brand CEOs predict eventual return to ‘golden age’ — Hotel News Now
- Restaurants alter services and set up for reopening — San Diego Business Journal
- County to ask state for local control to accelerate reopening — San Diego Union-Tribune
- Supervisors OK request to Newsom allowing more facilities to reopen — KPBS
- Virus leaves the US travel industry struggling to recover — Associated Press
- States present different challenges as hotels reopen — Hotel News Now
To receive the weekly SDTA Executive Report, fill out this form to be added to the distribution list.