Each week, the San Diego Tourism Authority will gather headlines that highlight coronavirus’ impact on the hospitality and tourism industries, as well as how the San Diego region is faring in these unprecedented times.
- Live coronavirus updates in San Diego — San Diego Union-Tribune
- These airlines are reducing or suspending flights to and from San Diego — CBS 8
- Cruises have stopped, but ships with thousands of crew members still in San Diego waiting to return home — San Diego Union-Tribune
- US economy shrank at 4.8% rate, worst since 2008 — San Diego Union-Tribune
- Hyatt developing coronavirus cleanliness guidelines, resources — TravelPulse
- How hotels plan to clean up their act for post-COVID-19 travel — MSN
- Nearly 1 in 4 San Diegans unemployed because of pandemic, analysis says — San Diego Union-Tribune
- California reopening will come in phases — Associated Press
- San Diego businesses planning for eventual reopening — KPBS
- Destination marketers feel squeeze as funding dries up — Travel Weekly
- Survey uncovers optimism for COVID-19 destination recovery — TravelPulse
- Pay now, book later: Hotels sell credits, offering deep discounts for future stays — USA Today
- ‘We’re bleeding cash’: Airbus, Boeing CEOs address ‘unpredictable’ future due to coronavirus travel fallout — USA Today
To receive the weekly SDTA Executive Report, fill out this form to be added to the distribution list.
Leave a Reply