Now more than ever, the hospitality and tourism communities are rallying together to emphasize the importance of travel to the San Diego destination. In an effort to celebrate the impact of tourism throughout the United States, the U.S. Travel Association is launching its annual National Travel and Tourism Week campaign to showcase the resilience and importance of the travel industry.
The SDTA is highlighting National Travel and Tourism Week through social media and with virtual events that highlight the importance of tourism to the local economy, which typically employs nearly 200,000 people and accounts for one out of every 8 jobs in the region. The events include a social media workshop to help its members manage their messaging during this unprecedented crisis as well as an online celebration that will recognize the tourism industry for its ongoing efforts to innovate and support the community during these difficult times. The event will feature a cocktail tutorial by Cutwater Spirits, a brief cooking class and other surprises.
In addition, local leaders will voice their support for tourism, giving a toast to the industry and its workers.
Share these tweets to promote National Travel and Tourism Week—which runs from May 3 through 9 — and celebrate the crucial role tourism plays in shaping San Diego’s regional economy. When creating your own tweets, be sure to use the hashtags #SanDiegoTourism, #TravelMatters, #SpiritOfTravel and #NTTW20.
- More than 200,000 jobs are related to the tourism/hospitality industry including food, lodging and attractions. #SanDiegoTourism #NTTW20 #SpiritOfTravel
- Visitor taxes collected help fund local fire, police, roads and infrastructure, and city services! #SanDiegoTourism #NTTW20 #SpiritOfTravel
- #SanDiegoTourism is a major source of jobs in our region and provides tax revenue essential to local government. #NTTW20 #SpiritOfTravel
- Tourism is the 2nd largest export industry supporting a major portion of San Diego’s economy #NTTW20 #SpiritOfTravel
- Add some San Diego to your virtual meetings, download a free background. #NTTW20 #SpiritOfTravel https://blog.sandiego.org/2020/04/7-san-diego-zoom-backgrounds/
#SpiritOfTravel Facebook and LinkedIn Posts
- It’s National Travel and Tourism Week and we are excited to celebrate the #SpiritOfTravel! San Diego is a top destination that draws millions of visitors each year. This translates to more than 200,000 local jobs that are related to the hospitality and tourism industries including food, lodging and attractions. #NTTW20
- Did you know that tourism is San Diego’s 2nd largest export industry? Our strong tourism sector is a major source of jobs in the region, and visitor taxes help fund local fire, police, roads, infrastructure and city services. We are proud to celebrate National Travel and Tourism Week and the #SpiritOfTravel! #NTTW20
- Need a little sunshine for your next virtual meeting? Show your coworkers, clients and partners what makes San Diego such a special destination with these downloadable Zoom and Microsoft Teams backgrounds featuring our homegrown beautiful scenery. #NTTW20 #SpiritOfTravel https://blog.sandiego.org/2020/04/7-san-diego-zoom-backgrounds/ #NTTW20 #SpiritOfTravel