Tourism Industry Posted Solid Growth in February (note leap year added one day to February):
- Visitors spent $1.3 billion at local businesses, 8.9% more than last year.
- The number of visitors to the County increased 7.9% to 2.2 million, and all visitor types contributed to the strong growth.
- Fewer rainy weekends brought back day visitors from Southern California to the attractions, which saw 11% growth in attendance.
- Visitors staying overnight also showed significant growth with hotel visitors leading growth at 7.4%.
- The Convention Center hosted 24% more attendees, and air arrivals were up 6.9% over February 2019.
- Hotel occupancy in the month averaged 73.8%, up 2.3%, and the average daily rate was $154.31, down -0.7% from last year.
- Click here for the full report