Each week, the San Diego Tourism Authority will gather headlines that highlight coronavirus’ impact on the hospitality and tourism industries, as well as how the San Diego region is faring in these unprecedented times.
- Live coronavirus updates in San Diego — San Diego Union-Tribune
- It’s official: Comic-Con canceled this year because of COVID-19 — San Diego Union-Tribune
- San Diego Pride cancels its July celebration due to COVID-19 — San Diego Union-Tribune
- San Diego airport declares local emergency as passenger traffic dives 96 percent — San Diego Union-Tribune
- U.S. Travel Association cancels annual conference — Travel Weekly
- San Diego Proposes Major Budget Cuts To Offset COVID-19 Revenue Losses — KPBS
- Coronavirus forces San Diego airport to slash expenses, weigh possible delay of $3B terminal 1 project — San Diego Union-Tribune
- Americans still optimistic about travel in 2020 — TravelPulse
- US airlines’ first bailout aid was tougher to get and came with more strings than expected — The Points Guy
- Future travel plans up in the air for most Americans — WINK News
- U.S. hotel industry reports 21.0 percent occupancy for week ending April 11th – 2020 — Hotel News Resource
- Sweetwater Park, a signature piece of the Chula Vista bayfront, is a go — San Diego Union-Tribune
- San Diego County Fair pushed to 2021 because Of coronavirus pandemic — KPBS
- California Governor provides complex outline for reopening — KPBS
To receive the weekly SDTA Executive Report, fill out this form to be added to the distribution list.