FOLLOW UP: May 22, 2015
San Diego Tourism Authority’s visitor center director, Sue Mason, received the “Diploma of Recognition’ from the Comite de Turismo y Conveniones de Tijuana for her 30-years of service to the industry. Sue was recognized for her excellent work and support of tourism and a bi-national relationship with Tijuana. The ceremonial day also included the grand opening of the Expo Artesanal at the Tijuana Cultural Center.
SDTAs Sue Mason receives @DescubreTijuana ‘Diploma of Recognition’ for contributions towards bi-national relations! pic.twitter.com/mGuO7LApro
— San Diego Tourism (@sdtaconnect) May 22, 2015
ORIGINAL POST: April 17, 2015
A historic joint meeting between the San Diego Tourism Authority Board of Directors and the Comite de Turismo y Convenciones de Tijuana (COTUCO) took place on April 16, 2015. The meeting included the signing of a bi-national marketing agreement to increase cooperation on regional tourism marketing and promotions by both parties.
“This agreement is testament to the commitment of both the City of San Diego and the City of Tijuana to promote a shared vision of an economically vibrant bi-national mega region”, stated Miguel Angel Badiola, COTUCO President.
“We look forward to collaborating with our neighbors across the border in this unified effort to build a mutually beneficial relationship that will harness the power of our two great cities. This will be a major step and key to advancing the creation of a bi-national economy,” added Joe Terzi, President & CEO, SDTA.
The marketing agreement includes cooperative mechanisms that allow both parties to develop joint work programs in areas of common interest. Some of the areas of cooperation include:
- a significant presence in each others respective websites and Board of Directors’ meetings
- a prominent display of marketing materials developed in both languages at visitor information centers
- participation of both parties at trade shows and conferences on both sides of the border
The joint meeting also featured a progress update of the Cross Border Xpress, a pedestrian bridge linking San Diego with Tijuana’s A.L. Rodríguez International Airport.
The San Diego Tourism Authority was well represented including:
- Joe Terzi, President & CEO
- Margie Sitton, Sr. Vice President of Sales
- Rick Meza, Chief Financial Officer
- Edna Gutierrez, Public Relations Manager
- Kim Soto, Executive Assistant to the President
- SDTA guest Stephanie Saathof, The Clay Company
- Board members
- Rod LaBranche, Old Town Trolley Tours (SDTA FY 15 Board Chair)
- John Blem, Evolution Hospitality
- Ann Callahan, Hillcrest Bed & Breakfast
- Joe Eustice, Wyndham Bayside
- Scott Hermes, Starwood Hotels
- Kevin Konopasek, The Dana Hotel
- Danny Reeves, Downtown San Diego Partnership
- Ted Molter, San Diego Zoo Global
- John Reilly, SeaWorld San Diego
- Peter Ripa, Century Club
- Mike Staples, Catamaran Resort & Spa
- Jim Unger, Hornblower Cruises & Events
- Steve Weathers, SEAT Planners
- Tony Young, Civic San Diego
- Alan Ziter, NTC Foundation
Thanks to Juan Saldana with Turismo Medicao for his services during the event.
Leave a Reply