Thursday, October 18, 2012, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM (Pacific Time)
Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant, 2660 Calhoun Street, San Diego, California 92110
Come join us for happy hour and revel in San Diego’s colorful past and vibrant future at Old Town’s Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant. With a long history spanning more than 185 years, The Cosmopolitan captures an era that’s uniquely San Diego and offers a relaxed setting to enjoy delicious food, tasty cocktails and the good company of friends and colleagues.
Get to know the historic site bought in 1869 by Albert L. Seeley, a stagecoach driver from Texas. Seeley took the rundown Casa de Bandini, as it was then known, renovated the one-story adobe home, added a wood-framed second story, a new balcony and created an impressive, two-story hotel. From 1869 to 1888, the hotel hosted stagecoach passengers traveling to and from Los Angeles and visitors with business and personal ties to Old Town. Today, the hotel is completely restored to its original splendor, and as in the past, is still Old Town’s social center.
The Cosmopolitan’s chef is preparing a special menu including five food stations for your enjoyment:
- Imported and Domestic Cheese Display Fresh and Stone Fruits, Nuts, Crispy Breads and Crackers
- Chips and Dips Fresh-made Corn and Pita Chips, Pop’s Garden Salsa, Roasted Chipotle Salsa, Black Bean Dip, Guacamole, Hummus
- Braising Station Yankee Beef Stew, Mashed Potatoes, Apple Cider-Glazed Pork Cheeks, Kale, Quinoa
- Scampi Station Shrimp, Tomato, Garlic, Shallots, Basil, Brandy, Truffles, Jasmine Rice
- Cosmo Taco Bar Carne Asada, Pollo Asada, Black Beans, Mexican Rice and All the Fixin’s
- Buck-Board BBQ! BBQ Tri Tip Sliders, Chipotle BBQ Sauce, Ranch Beans, Cole Slaw
- Dessert Station Coffee, Tea, Variety of Desserts
Costs: Members – $15 Non-Members – $20
Admission includes 1 beverage and appetizers.
RSVP Deadline: October 15, 2012
Registration link for members only: http://www.regonline.com/ConVisCosmopolitanHappyHour