ConVis was engaged to provide marketing and promotional support for the upcoming America’s Cup World Series (Nov. 12 – 20, 2011), to raise awareness for this high-profile sailing competition in the West. San Diego’s Tourism Marketing District (TMD) has provided $100,000 to promote the event, 25% of which has been allocated to ConVis. We have initiated a program of work with the goal to attract visitors, and increase general awareness and desire for San Diego as a sailing destination.
America’s Cup organizers have planned for a robust radio advertising program through Clear Channel, with lead stations running promotions in San Francisco and Los Angeles for 3 weeks. With a total of $50,000 in buys for both markets, the campaign incorporates on-air promotions, in additional to live official announcements, homepage takeovers on participating radio station websites, and integrated digital promotions.
ConVis has launched a digital campaign that involves:
- Premium exposure on the sandiego.org website with new America’s Cup-related articles
- Blog post series on the ConVis travel blog
- A dedicated youtube video produced exclusively to promote the event, as well as sailing in San Diego
- Social Media promotions including Facebook wildfire promotion, and promoted tweets
- PPC campaign with dedicated AdWord Ad Group on Google and display advertising on the Google network
- Email Marketing campaign with inclusion of America’s Cup coverage on the ConVis Consumer Newsletter
Leave a Reply