Visitor Services staffed a San Diego Hospitality table & provided San Diego Visitor Planning Guides & member brochures to the following meetings & conventions in June:
- AFTA – Americans for the Arts. Hilton SD Bayfront Hotel. 1,000 attendees.
- EFCA – Evangelical Free Church of America. Town & Country Resort. 1,200 attendees.
- APS – American Peptide Society, 22nd Annual American Peptide Society Symposium. Sheraton Hotel & Marina. 1,500 attendees.
- Corinthian Colleges Incentive Program. Hilton SD Bayfront Hotel. 1154 attendees.
Volunteers and staff of the International Visitor Information Center (IVIC), La Jolla Visitor Center (LJVC), and the California Welcome Center, Alpine (CWCA), attended the following site inspections & FAM tours, designed to increase San Diego product knowledge, and resulting in more effective referrals to our SDCVB members:
- SeaWorld of San Diego, SD Zoo & SD Zoo’s Safari Park hosted Hospitality Days during the month of June.
- Flagship Cruises & Events hosted Visitor Services staff to their new Salsa themed dinner cruise, June 29th.
- Embassy Suites Hotel San Diego Bay hosted a sit down dinner for the Visitor Services Volunteer Acknowledgement & Awards event, June 10th. 80 attendees.
- U.S. Olympic Training Center hosted lunch, tour & meeting space for the San Diego Regional Visitor Center Network, June 13th. 11 Visitor Center Managers & Directors from around the County experienced a behind the scenes tour, lunch with Olympic athletes, & presentations by the Chula Vista Nature Center & Chula Vista Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau.
Community Outreach – Visitor Services staff attended the following community & regional meetings with the intention of enhancing Visitor Services via networking, relationship building & facilitating communication regarding local events & CVB services & opportunities:
- Balboa Park Central Annual Meeting, June 2nd.
- La Jolla Village Merchants Association, June 6th.
- La Jolla Town Council Mixer, June 16th.
- Balboa Park PR/Marketing Meeting, June 23rd.
- Commission for Arts & Culture, AFTA recap, June 28th.