Here’s the ConVis Visitor Services recap for the past month:
- National Train Day was held at Union Station in Los Angeles, May 7. Visitor Services staffed a San Diego table and provided San Diego Visitor Planning Guides & member brochures. 16,000 attendees.
- The Skinnie Winnie Rally (small Winnebagos) was held at Campland on the Bay, May 15-18. Visitor Services provided a Welcome to San Diego speaker & Official Visitor Planning Guides. 100 attendees.
- Volunteers and staff of the International Visitor Information Center (IVIC), La Jolla Visitor Center (LJVC), and the California Welcome Center, Alpine (CWCA), attended the following site inspections & FAM tours, designed to increase San Diego product knowledge, and resulting in more effective referrals to our SDCVB members:
- Legoland of California hosted Hospitality Days during the month of May. Visitor Services volunteers and staff experienced the new Star Wars mini-land; Octopus Gardens at SeaLife, as well as additions to the Water Park.
- Hornblower Cruises & Events hosted Visitor Services staff & volunteers to the Sunset Sights & Sips cruise on Fridays & Saturdays in May.
- House of Blues hosted a FAM tour, lunch & meeting space for the Visitor Services Volunteer Meeting on May 19th. Another Side of San Diego tours presented. 35 attendees.
- Embassy Suites Hotel San Diego Bay hosted meeting space and appetizers for the Visitor Services staff meeting May 18th. 8 attendees.
- San Diego Zoo’s Safari Park kicked off the summer season with a Hospitality event May 13th, highlighting the Flightline experience, & Segway tours of the Park. Visitor Services staff attended.
- Reuben H Fleet Science Center hosted Visitor Services staff to a preview their new adorable IMAX film, “Born to be Wild”, May 10th.
- USS Midway Museum hosted lunch & meeting space for the San Diego Regional Visitor Center Network, May 9th. 15 Visitor Center Managers & Directors from around the County experienced a behind the scenes tour of the new Dental Department exhibit, & a presentation regarding the San Diego connection to the Centennial of Naval Aviation.
- Community Outreach – Visitor Services staff attended the following community & regional meetings with the intention of enhancing Visitor Services via networking, relationship building & facilitating communication regarding local events & CVB services & opportunities:
- Cultural Volunteer Managers Council, May 4th.
- La Jolla Village Merchants Association, May 11th.
- La Jolla Town Council Mixer, May 12th.
- Here comes Summer!
- Visitor Services has been interviewing & training 17 new visitor information volunteers in preparation for the busy summer season.
- Starting Memorial Day weekend, the Waterfront Visitor Center (International Visitor Information Center/IVIC) will remain open to serve visitors until 5pm, seven days a week.
Leave a Reply