Share these tweets to promote National Travel and Tourism Week and celebrate The Power of Tourism. When creating your own tweets, be sure to use the hashtags #SanDiegoTourism and #NTTW19. And below, be sure to thank and include sponsors of the annual meeting in your social media posts too!
THE POWER OF TOURISM TWEETS
There were nearly 35.8 million visitors to San Diego in 2018 and 17.7 million stayed overnight. #SanDiegoTourism #NTTW19
70% of the $11.5 billion spent by visitors in San Diego was spent at businesses other than lodging. #SanDiegoTourism #NTTW19
More than 194,000 jobs are related to the tourism/hospitality industry including food, lodging, and attractions. #SanDiegoTourism #NTTW19
There are more than 62,590 hotel rooms in San Diego, with more scheduled to open in 2019. #SanDiegoTourism #NTTW19
San Diego’s Top 5 International Markets: Canada, Mexico, UK, China, & Japan #SanDiegoTourism #NTTW19
$11.5 billion in visitor spending translates to $17.9 billion in regional economic impact! #SanDiegoTourism #NTTW19
Visitor taxes collected help fund local fire, police, roads and infrastructure, and city services! #SanDiegoTourism #NTTW19
#SanDiegoTourism is a major source of jobs in our region and provides tax revenue essential to local government. #NTTW19
My favorite taco in San Diego is _________________. #SanDiegoTourism #NTTW19
SEAWORLD SAN DIEGO
Don’t forget to tweet them and thank them for hosting the event and reception!
Thank you @SeaWorld San Diego for hosting the SDTA annual meeting! @ClydeSeaWorldSD #SanDiegoTourism #NTTW19
Click here for social-media optimized info-graphics.
For more research on why travel matters, visit SanDiego.org/impact.
Find out more about National Travel & Tourism week at USTravel.org.
While you’re sharing the love, be sure to also thank the event sponsors and partners from 2018:
- Expedia Media Solutions @ExpediaMedia
- SDG&E @SDGE
- Cox Business @CoxBusiness
- University of San Diego Continuing & Professional Education @USanDiegoContEd
- aResTravel @aresTravel
- San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce @SDChamber
- Scantech Graphics @ScantechGfx
- San Diego Regional Economic Development Corporation @SDRegionalEDC
- Revolve Commercial Laundry Specialist #RevolveLaundry
- Sycuan Casino @SycuanCasino
- MeringCarson @MeringCarson
- Power Plus Productions @PPSLinc
- San Diego Magazine @SanDiegoMag
- Casual Fridays @CasualFridaysHQ
- AdGenuity #AdGenuity
- Certified Folder Display @CertifiedFolder
- San Diego Convention Center @SDConventionCTR
- SeaWorld @SeaWorld @ClydeSeaWorldSD
- Alliant AV @AlliantEvents
- Cravory Cookies @TheCravory